Ten predictions for 2021
In a year where it’s still too early and unwise to get a tattoo reading ‘I made it to 2021’ and the Number One Christmas Carol was ‘Deck the Halls with Spores of Covid’. I still want to say to my surviving reader, ‘well done’ for coming this far.
I wish I could go further and say ‘have a happy and mask-less New Year’ but I think we all know, even with the miraculous vaccine that this is probably an impossibility (and a good thing?). Anyway, to set us on our way here are…
Ten predictions for 2021.
- Brexit will return this land to the black and white of the 1950’s.
- Sausage and Mash will become the staple diet and vegetables will once again be limp and lifeless.
- Children will not be able to leave the table until they have ‘cleaned their plate’.
- We will return to wearing our dead relation’s clothes and there will be an old lady down the road who does the knitting for the whole street.
- Mutton will become a thing again.
- Outside restaurant/pub Tables and Chairs will retreat indoors marking symbolically the end of our brief flirtation with being European.
- Brexit will suck what’s left of goodness from these British Isles.
- Expect a rise in Right Wing Jingoism and ‘Johnny Foreigner’ rhetoric.
- There will be rationing.
- Nadhim Zahawi will be knighted for his work regarding the Vaccine.
This is an update of a previous post.